Pwnzie

Enton Chidori | Blaze Release; One Thousand Birds | 炎遁千鳥鋭槍

tumblr_ohkcjzpl6X1tquy17o1_500.gif

Original Chidori [Other Approved Sennin Raikiri Variant Example]

Enton; Raikiri | Blaze Release; Lightning Cutter | 炎遁千鳥鋭槍
Type: Ninjutsu | Enton | Fire | Lightning | Seal-less | Chidori Shape | Dojutsu; Mangekyo Sharingan | Kinjutsu; Powerful 

Cost: 560
Damage: 600

Effect: To use this technique, the Mangekyo Sharingan Must be active, the target of this technique applies only 60% of their total Defense statistic when modifying the damage of this technique; additionally, the target may apply only a single item's effects when modifying or responding to this technique. Increase Enton Chidori's total damage by 3 for every 40 points of Speed that its user possesses. Response Phase Techniques used against Enton Chidori have an additional 50% chance to fail, even if they did not already possess a fail chance. The target of this technique is afflicted by 2 turns of Burning 150.

Description: This is one of the most powerful forms of this chidori/raikiri variant techniques that exist currently, the first user was Uchiha Sasuke himself in the great war ten tails incident, through the use of an Uchiha with ametarasu and Kagutsuchi, you can use the kagutsuchi control ability to manipulate the black hell fire created by amaterasu onto one of your hands that you have already charged up with your surging lightning natured chakra. By mixing the two together, the black fire surrounds the growing orb of electricity in their hand, until enough chakra was moved into it when the flames joined the miniature bolts of lightning moving up and down his arm, though he had the control over the fire to make sure that never came close. The major destructive force of this technique comes when the thrust of the underlaying Raikiri is delivered, once that happens the black fire is shot forward all over in a frontal cone of where it was used, covering the foe in fires too strong to be put out with water, in most cases this was not a technique most people walked away from after seeing it come their way. 

Requirements: Chidori Training Shape, Combinatorial Blaze Release, Mangekyo Sharingan 

Cost Breakdown:

Damage CP Cost: 400

Item Ignore Cost: (400 * .25) = 100

Starting Cost: 500

500 * 1.25(Defense Penetration) = 625  |  This effect hasn't been adjusted due to the way Chidori is designed to get progressively better at piercing defense naturally(seen by no cost increase from 80% to 70% pierce chidori->raikiri)

625 * 1.3(Speed Mechanic) = 790  |  This has been slightly increased in cost because the effect nets more damage- namely 1 more damage per 40 Speed. 

790 * 1.6 (RPJ Failure Chance) = 1264

1264 burning CP Cost - 80 =  1184

1184 - .8(20% reduction for the drawback if used w/o an AS, cited from Tony here) = 948

948 - 500(Skill/Training/Misc Requirements) = 448 to be able to use this techique (Uchiha AS Enton Release Etc) 

+ 30% Increased Cost for making this a Sealless Jutsu which means 448 + (448*1.3) 

Final Cost: 582.4 [Rounding to 583 because its easier]. 

hat’s pretty much how Peter had it, except the RPJ fail chance. I think 1.5x is fine there, 1.7x feels high. Still a guess though.

Spoiler

amage Cost: 200
Apply only 1 item: 80(Destroy Item) * .25 = 20
Base Cost: 200 + 20 = 220
Defense Ignore: 220 * .25 = 55
Bonus Damage from Speed: 220 * .25 = 55
RPJ Fail Chance: Paid for by the mandatory skill
Cost Reductions: 75 (Inner Calm-like effect from training costs) * 1.5 (for use limitations & drawback) = 113
Cost: 220 + 55(Defense) + 55(Bonus Damage) = 330 | 330 - 113 = 217, rounded up to 220

Effects Comparsion

Odama Rasengan

• Breaks All Mitigating Equipment (50% chance in my suggested changes)

• Deals 40% Bonus Damage to Shields/Barrers (30% extra in my suggested Changes)

• Add Damage by Paying more, this increases the jutsu's cost and makes it more expensive to RPJ against, is reducible by Cost Reduction

• Seal-less

• Once per Battle

Raikiri

• Only allows 1 Item to be Applied (Does not Destroy)

• Bypasses Barriers/Shields if it would deal 50% their current hp(Does not Destroy)

• Adds Damage through Speed Statistic

• Auto-Crit if they are unable to dodge roll(Minor but flavorful)

• 15% Chance to Hit w/o Advanced System

• Self-Inflicts Half Opening w/o Advanced System

• Twice Per Battle

Link to approved sennin ranked Chidori

Chidori Shape Manipulation Skill Topic Link

Spoiler

[Keep in mind this is already after investing 3 SP into the skills before this one and 10 ranks of lightning mastery. 

Chidori Training; Shape
Effect: Characters with this skill may purchase techniques that require the skill ‘Chidori Training; Shape’. Techniques that require the skill ‘Chidori Training; Shape’ may be used a number of times per battle depending on the rank of the technique (i,e: Jōnin; 1, Sennin; 1). All techniques that require the skill ‘Chidori Training; Shape’ of the same rank share usage limits.
Description: The Chidori is a powerful jutsu, capable swiftly dealing great damage to whatever it comes to bear down upon. It is not however a perfect creation. Unlike the Rasengan, Chidori is composed by finely honing one’s abilities of nature manipulation. To overcome the inherent tunnel-vision of the basic Chidori, one must also learn to control the shape of the technique. Through strenuous training, the Chidori can become a veritable arsenal of unique techniques.
Requirements: Level 60, Chidori Training; Poise, Ninjutsu Mastery [Lightning]; Rank 10, 20-Post Jōnin Training
Cost: -2

FTruBdb.gif

Spoiler

Enton | Blaze Release | 炎遁 

Effect: This character may purchase and use techniques with the 'Blaze' descriptor. 'Blaze' techniques are treated as if they were of the 'Fire' element for the purposes of modifying skills and effects, though negative modifiers specifically pertaining to the 'Fire' element are only half as effective when applied to 'Blaze' elemental techniques. Whenever a 'Blaze' element technique deals damage to a target currently suffering from 'Burning: x' caused by a 'Blaze' elemental technique, that target has a 50% chance to increase the duration of that instance of 'Burning: x' by one (1) turn; this is rolled as a d100 by the user in the Main Phase that the 'Blaze' technique is being performed. This may target only a single instance of 'Burning: x' per Main Phase, declared at the time of use; techniques with multiple strikes do not illicit multiple 'Burning: x' extension rolls. Attempts to remove 'Burning: x' caused by a 'Blaze' elemental technique suffer a 50% additional chance to fail if they are not 'Sealing' techniques.

Description: Amaterasu is widely regarded as the pinnacle of the Fire Release, being unextinguishable and considered to have flames with heat comparable to that of the sun. However, the true potential of Amaterasu’s divine conflagration is not found simply within the black flames, but rather, within the ability to expel, mold, and manipulate these heavenly flames at a moment’s notice. Like many facets of the Uchiha clan’s splendor, this manifestation of control can only be achieved by a pair of Mangekyou Sharingan working in unison. Where one eye would generate the black flames, the opposite eye then would give it cohesive shape. This unique ability to apply shape to the flames of Amaterasu has given birth to Enton, or Blaze Release, and most commonly is seen through the ever-versatile Enton; Kagutsuchi. 

Requirements: Sharingan Binding – Enton; Kagutsuchi

Cost: -2

Edited by Pwnzie

Breaking this down for my own reference like the other jutsu I took a look at.

• Deriving
    • This doesn't exist outside Hyuuga anymore, I think we removed this so you should take this out.
  • Damage: 600

• 300 Chakra Cost, done!

• To use this technique, the Mangekyo Sharingan Must be active,

• This is fine, its only slightly different than the Doujutsu requirement that is on all Chidori. Might net a little more reduction in cost but its very very similar. Also your capitalization here is weird.

• the target of this technique applies only 60% of their total Defense statistic when modifying the damage of this technique; additionally, the target may apply only a single item's effects when modifying or responding to this technique. Increase Enton Chidori's total damage by 3 for every 40 points of Speed that its user possesses.

• This is is good, this is all in line with Chidori at this level.

• Response Phase Techniques used against Enton Chidori have an additional 50% chance to fail, even if they did not already possess a fail chance.

• +50% total cost! good to go

• The target of this technique is afflicted by 2 turns of 150.

• 120 total, or 60 chakra per turn.

• If an eye-based advanced system is not active at the time of Enton Chidoris use, reduce this technique's base chance to hit to 15% and treat the user as if their Evasion statistic was halved against the next attack that targets them before their following turn.

• You can remove this, its superseded by the first phrase about needing the Mangekyou active.

• [Optional Conditional;] IIf the Etertnal Mangeyo Sharingan is active; the next attack and increase burning damage effect by an additional 50. The base damage of this technique is also increased by 200. 

• I don't really understand what you mean here. Is this just extra effect if you have that doujutsu active? That doesn't seem really kosher, is there a reference that does this? It seems sort of like double dipping since having the higher level doujutsu is already better. Also, if this is an option you will need to have more JP for that option. 

Once again, orange is just my notes and red is what needs to be addressed.

On 8/6/2021 at 3:00 AM, cntrstrk14 said:

Breaking this down for my own reference like the other jutsu I took a look at.

• Deriving
    • This doesn't exist outside Hyuuga anymore, I think we removed this so you should take this out.
    • Can do! Removed! 
  • Damage: 600

• 300 Chakra Cost, done!

• To use this technique, the Mangekyo Sharingan Must be active,

• This is fine, its only slightly different than the Doujutsu requirement that is on all Chidori. Might net a little more reduction in cost but its very very similar. Also your capitalization here is weird.

• the target of this technique applies only 60% of their total Defense statistic when modifying the damage of this technique; additionally, the target may apply only a single item's effects when modifying or responding to this technique. Increase Enton Chidori's total damage by 3 for every 40 points of Speed that its user possesses.

• This is is good, this is all in line with Chidori at this level.

• Response Phase Techniques used against Enton Chidori have an additional 50% chance to fail, even if they did not already possess a fail chance.

• +50% total cost! good to go

• The target of this technique is afflicted by 2 turns of 150.

• 120 total, or 60 chakra per turn.

• If an eye-based advanced system is not active at the time of Enton Chidoris use, reduce this technique's base chance to hit to 15% and treat the user as if their Evasion statistic was halved against the next attack that targets them before their following turn.

• You can remove this, its superseded by the first phrase about needing the Mangekyou active.

• Roger That! Removed. 

• [Optional Conditional;] IIf the Etertnal Mangeyo Sharingan is active; the next attack and increase burning damage effect by an additional 50. The base damage of this technique is also increased by 200. 

• I don't really understand what you mean here. Is this just extra effect if you have that doujutsu active? That doesn't seem really kosher, is there a reference that does this? It seems sort of like double dipping since having the higher level doujutsu is already better. Also, if this is an option you will need to have more JP for that option.

• Yeah I can see how this didnt end up making as much sense as I had originally hoped, and I am fine with taking this out to make it approval ready. 

Once again, orange is just my notes and red is what needs to be addressed.

Addressed everything in red, should be good to go! 

Great, this is close...

• I don't see the seal-less being paid for anywhere in the calculations. Should be a +30% total cost points.

• Once you finish this make sure to re-check the JP points. I think the 7+ was a left over from Deriving? I think this should just be priced as a normal kinjutsu at this point which I think will bring your JP down by a decent amount when you're done even with the +30%. 

Reviewing the cost quickly, using the same costs we used in the Friend Cutter thread as a reference.

I am putting the things unique to your version in blue just to be easier to see.

600 Damage — 300 Chakra

Ignore Item — 80 Chakra

150 Bleeding — 60 Chakra per Turn (120 Total)

Defense Ignore — 500 * 1.25 = 625 Chakra

Speed Bonus — 625 * 1.15 = 718.75 Chakra

RPJ Failure Chance — 718.75 * 1.5 = 1,078.125 Chakra

Seal-less — 1,078.125 * 0.3 = 1,401.5625 Chakra

Total Before Reductions — 1,400 (Rounded Down)

AS Requirement Reduction — 1400 * 0.8 = 1,120

Skill Cost Reduction — 1,120 - 560 = 560

Final Cost — 560 Chakra

So just update the cost to 560 and we are good to go!